Senior Counselor: Graduate Coach (Beijing, China)
Location: Beijing, China
We are looking for a Graduate Coach who will be part of our Senior Counselor team. Graduate Coaches work directly with students, helping them with applications and extracurricular profiles. The opportunity for growth in this position will be determined by the counselor’s individual strengths and weaknesses. Remote work is quite common, depending on the counselor’s level of experience.
- Must be a phenomenal writer
- Must be extremely hard-working
- Must have experience working with students
- Masters and/or PhD is optional, but a big bonus
- Undergraduate or high school teaching experience is optional, but a big bonus
- Admissions experience is optional, but a big bonus
- 1-on-1 counseling with students aged 14-17 to build their extra-curricular profiles and applications
- Meet remotely and in person with students
- Edit essays and provide feedback to foster students’ independent writing skills
- Provide comprehensive support to students as they prepare their applications
- Generate creative trajectories and projects for students’ extracurricular development
- Collaborate with a team of up to three counselors to support each student’s progress
- Work alongside the Education Team to create and implement comprehensive curriculum to be used by our 200+ counselors
- Spearhead online classes for our students (e.g., develop and teach group writing classes)
- Manage and train both part-time and full-time counselors
InGenius Prep (www.inGeniusprep.cn) was founded six years ago by law students at Harvard and Yale. In that time, the company has grown to a team of more than 130 full-time employees, 200 part-time employees, as well as offices in the U.S., China, Canada, and Korea.
Our primary focus is assisting students in applying to U.S. Colleges and Graduate schools. What distinguishes us from other companies is that our team includes more than 150 former deans, directors, and associate directors of admissions from many of the most selective schools in the country.
Our company is fast-paced and exciting. We operate as a team, and everyone is given opportunities to advance in the organization. If you are looking for an exciting, intense, and rewarding employment opportunity, this is the place for you!